Vegetarians are many, Vegans are few. People are turning towards what we call "Veganism". Whatever is derived from animals including dairy, egg, honey and even leather, fur, cosmetics, silk, wool and soaps are abstained by vegans. Let's talk about veganism today. Ellen DeGeneres, the great comedian and host switched her diet to vegan in the year 2008. Her flaunting body has been inspiration for millions. The celeb has read numerous books on diets without meat and animal rights that subsequently encouraged her to turn into vegan. Vegan inculcates in you a total new lifestyle not only relating to the food you take but also to the clothes and accessories you wear.
You can no more use the following:-
- Leather jackets and shoes
- Leather purses and wallets
- Fur coats
- Woolen cardigans
- Feather earrings
- Medicines containing animal products
- Cosmetics like lotions, perfumes etc. containing animal products
Let’s munch on an exotic Vegan Recipe too. This is Vegan Pasta with Pumpkin Sauce and Veggies
2 cloves Garlic,
1 sliced Onion,
Salt as required,
⅛ teaspoon Nutmeg,
1 cup Pumpkin Puree,
8 oz. Buckwheat Pasta,
1 cup Vegetable Broth,
Pinch Cayenne Pepper,
3 tablespoon Olive Oil,
¼ teaspoon Chili Powder,
3 tablespoon Vegan Butter,
100 grams crumbled Tofu,
100 grams chopped French Beans.
- Boil pasta till done. This takes 7 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce. Take a skillet. Mince two cloves of garlic. Add to a large skillet along with one tablespoon of vegan butter. Sautee on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin puree plus broth to the skillet. Combine well. Add nutmeg, chili powder, cayenne pepper and black pepper. Let sauce simmer over medium-low. Once boiled, turn off the gas. Set aside.
- Take a small wok and add olive oil. In it add onions. When red, add in crumbled tofu and green beans. Cook till done. Keep aside. Once when pasta is done, add two tablespoon of vegan butter to the skillet. Mix well.
- Serve pasta on plate. Pour pumpkin sauce over it with added salt if required. Taste the sauce and add salt if needed. Add green beans and tofu stir-fry over the sauce. Enjoy!