It was my grandma’s birthday and I decided to prepare a sweet treat for her. She is diabetic but who says not to consume chocolate while we are watching our sugar intake. She is very fond of desserts just like me. Last time I prepared Diabetic-friendly Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe to cheer her up on this special day. I have something yet special for her this time. She loves cake recipes. Enjoy making rich and moist trifle for your loved ones and bring a huge smile on their face. Whatever ingredients I am using are diabetic friendly. Chocolate lowers cholesterol level. It prevents memory decline. It reduces heart disease risk and also prevents stroke. Cherries on the other hand is booster of Vitamin C and antioxidants. It also helps in reducing bad cholesterol. So let's bake the cake.
3/4 cup Water;
2 cups fat-free Milk;
1 package pitted Cherries;
2 drops of Red Food Coloring;
Sugar-free Chocolate curls to taste;
2 cups thawed Fat-free frozen Whipped Topping;
1 package Chocolate Sugar-free, Low-fat Cake Mix;
1 package Chocolate Sugar-free, Fat-free Instant Pudding Mix.
1. Preheat oven to 375 D.F.
2. Mix cake mix using 3/4 cup water. Bake till cake is done, use knife to check this.
3. The cake mixture should not stick to the knife. Let the cake cool in pan. Remove from pan. Cut into small cubes.
4. Prepare pudding mix using 2 cups of fat-free milk. Chill for at least 40 minutes.
5. Thaw cherries reserving 1/4 cup juice. Mix cherries, food coloring and juice together.
6. Place half of cake cubes in a 3-quart trifle bowl. Spoon half of cherries over cake. Spread 1 cup pudding over cherries, and top with half of whipped topping.
7. Repeat layers. You can also serve in glasses as I have in the same manner with feasible proportion. Garnish with chocolate curls. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
Celebrate the chocolate treat!